Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Just thought I would share a nice photo I took today. I used my new Canon Sd700is digital camera.... I used the digital macro and it is amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 309

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
A nice shot indeed :D

Usually noise is a bad thing, but to be honest - it adds a really nice quality to this shot that I rather like.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
thanks yeah, I really like those blurry backgrounds they give the picture some depth and feel, and I just felt it was very crisp in the foreground :)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Haha, I actually don't like the noise, but part of the issue is due to the compression. It's a 7 MP camera, the photo is still fairly large, and yet the photo is only 136 KB.

I love the photo, though. :) I'm really not too afraid of noisy images because it's better to take the photo you want than to not take it because you're worried about noise. ;)

Oh, and if you used "digital macro" mode, you may as well just take the photo and then crop it later on your computer via iPhoto or something else, because that's essentially what your camera is doing, anyway. This way you have more control.

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
imac abuser said:
Just thought I would share a nice photo I took today. I used my new Canon Sd700is digital camera.... I used the digital macro and it is amazing.

That's cool, I've never seen a flower like that.

So come on mate, you gotta say the f-stop, exposure, date and time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.