Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
I have a d50 and there is no preset whit balacence mode for it, so what sould i do Use custom and set it as a black pic or what

thanks in advance for all help:cool:

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
Please I got a clear sky tonight and I dont want it to come out blue :( :(

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
The D50 also appears to offer white balance bracketing, which might at least give you something to work with if you're stuck shooting jpegs. Looks like you also may be able to manually set it under "Preset" but you'd probably need the manual to tell for certain.

Please I got a clear sky tonight and I dont want it to come out blue :( :(

If you've got a converter, shoot raw and worry about white balance in post-processing. Especially for artificial lighting conditions at night where you get all sorts of colors, it's the easiest way to go since depending on the predominate light source, the shift could be anywhere from extreme yellow to blue.

coldrain

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2006
Too late I'm sure, but moon light is as white as day light. So if you don't know how to set the white balance correctly, just put the whitebalance for cloudy weather. The colours will be quite faithful then.

And next time when you want white to be white, photograph a white piece of paper and set custom whitebalance to that. If you have street lights lighting the paper that will not work since the street lights with not have white light, and you adjusting to the street lights will make all colour look very strange. So then still, shooting at "clouded" setting and in RAW if you need the extra room to adjust later is your best shot.

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
Ahh I see thanks, I got another clear night and might just do it again, Idk if the shade setting might be better for it than the cloudy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.