Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WillO95

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2014
Hi All,

I have a Mac mini (current gen), and 2 5K displays (one direct in the mini, other through a BMeGPU).

I just updated to Catalina, and now Nightshift only seems to affect one monitor, so the other one stays normal.

Any idea why this is or how to fix?

Thanks!

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Which display gets nightshift? the direct display, or the eGPU?

I don't currently have a second display.
Does the Displays pref pane show independent settings for nightshift on each display in Catalina?
(so you would see separate Displays settings pane for each display (?) )

WillO95

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2014
Which display gets nightshift? the direct display, or the eGPU?

I don't currently have a second display.
Does the Displays pref pane show independent settings for nightshift on each display in Catalina?
(so you would see separate Displays settings pane for each display (?) )

The screen on the eGPU doesn't shift anymore. But it did before, that's what I find weird.

No separate settings, only for resolution etc.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
If you manually reset nightshift (turn off, then back on), is there any noticeable change of any kind on the eGPU screen? (not just the overall "tint" change from nightshift, but anything else that you notice?)

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Which graphics card are you using in the eGPU?
There seems to be issues with some setups, but often means white screen, or some other major issue.
Maybe the final release has most issues sorted, and you still have a (relatively) minor issue.
Could be that you get to look forward to a fix for that, but "who knows?"

Here's a long thread, mostly about beta Catalina, but some recent posts. Maybe you will get some info from that thread. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/catalina-egpu.2193797/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.