Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chocolaterabbit

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2008
i believe it was proven fake, although if it does come true somehow i think the 70-200 is a welcome update. (despite being fatter)
I'm actually more interested in new 35mm and new 85mms, they should fill the gap that nikon left for canon in terms of fast primes. still want a fast 24mm though, or a f1.2 of some sort.

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
Sounds like a con.

D4 and D4x that fast? That'd severely annoy a lot of people, as the top end cameras have a lifespan measured in several years. Whilst I'm sure there's a D300s coming, the rest are improbable.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Sounds like a con.

D4 and D4x that fast? That'd severely annoy a lot of people, as the top end cameras have a lifespan measured in several years. Whilst I'm sure there's a D300s coming, the rest are improbable.

That's what kills it for me, a D4x in 2010? That'd be such a major departure for Nikon from their traditional timeline that it'd have to be a lot more compelling feature-wise I don't think 1EV on the sensor is enough to break the tradition. I also don't find a new 400/5.6 without an update to the 80-400 that believable.

BertyBoy

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
h264 video ? what sort of CPU will they use for that ? or will it be a hardware encoder ? Encoding HD video at 24fps/30fps takes a LOT of grunt to do in real time. Whatever, with flash memory so cheap it makes no sense to use anything stronger than a simple encoder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.