Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hmac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
Nikon notes that the current version of Capture NX (1.3.2) is "not completely compatible with Mac OS X version 10.5 (Leopard) after installing this download. There are still certain issues that need attention before full compatibility is possible. " I'm currently using 1.3.1, which was a Leopard fix for 1.3.0. I have occasional problems with the so-called "sharpening bug".

Do any of you know the nature of this Capture NX 1.3.2 incompatibility with Leopard? Annoying quirks or deal-breakers?

drmoondog

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2006
Works fine for me, only gripe is that it is slower than I think it should be. When sharpening using unmask seems to pause for several seconds. NX is still probably best SW for converting NEFs. I am running NX on 2.4 MacBook Pro Notebook w/4 GB Ram and 2.66 quad core MacPro desktop with 16 GB Ram and I see no difference in speed. I have found Aperture 2.0.1 to be a fast reliable workhorse as compared to NX. Therefore I am beginning to use Aperture more and more. I hope this helps. JSR

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
Works fine for me, only gripe is that it is slower than I think it should be. When sharpening using unmask seems to pause for several seconds. NX is still probably best SW for converting NEFs. I am running NX on 2.4 MacBook Pro Notebook w/4 GB Ram and 2.66 quad core MacPro desktop with 16 GB Ram and I see no difference in speed. I have found Aperture 2.0.1 to be a fast reliable workhorse as compared to NX. Therefore I am beginning to use Aperture more and more. I hope this helps. JSR

We'll still respect you without the excessively stressed text (at least you're not using all caps).

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
There is a new patch for 1.3.2 that has full 10.5 Leopard support.

I've installed it and everything is dandy except for the unbelievable slowness.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Well when I hit Check for Updates on Capture NX it brings me this below the update...

nikoncapture.png

When I click details on the second box... this comes up:

WARNING
Capture NX Ver.1.2.0 and 1.3.0 are not compatible with Mac OS X version 10.5.
As image files may be corrupted when they are saved, this software should NOT be used under Mac OS X version 10.5. We are currently investigating a means to resolve this issue.

HUmmmm...

Hmac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
I downloaded 1.3.2 a couple of weeks ago and I'm running it on my Mac Pro and on my MacBook Pro, both using 10.5.2. It works fine, runs very fast. No issues that I can see.

It's not a patch, it's an updater to 1.3.2 . Look here on NikonUSA's website.

I note that 1.3.3 is available in some other countries. I'm sure it will be available here too, before too long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.