Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djstarrock

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
UK, Scotland, Glasgow
I'm going to get a digital camera for my birthday and I'm looking at the Nikon Coolpix S4. I'm wondering if anyones got one or had and if they liked it. I don't really care about manual. Sorry if this is the wrong section

D34th

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2006
Connecticut
I'm going to get a digital camera for my birthday and I'm looking at the Nikon Coolpix S4. I'm wondering if anyones got one or had and if they liked it. I don't really care about manual. Sorry if this is the wrong section

Well it really depends on what you want to do with it. And from what I can pick up, it just sounds like you want a point and shoot. The Nikon Coolpix lineup does great for the point and shoot photographer, I don't think you can really go wrong. My sister has had two Nikon Coolpix's and they both worked fine and took great pictures for what she used them for...

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Look out for the 8800's. They die randomly, and Nikon won't fix them. That's what happened to me, it was a great camera, but when it died, I was able to get a dSLR. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.