Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
http://www.shopdigitalonline.com/productdetail.asp?catid=55&productid=3840

I'm based in the UK so I know little about this company, but they're apparently selling the D3 for $3299 (£1782) which is undercutting the lowest prices by at least $500.

I wondered if anyone has had any experience with them?

Thanks.

you can check online at resellerratings.com or always go to the contact us or about me section if they are from New York usually (98% of the time) they are a bait and switch scam company. In this case the company is located in:

Shop Digital Online
Brooklyn, ny 11232

So the answer is no, they are probably a scam. As usual, if it's to good to be true it probably is.

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
It's always important to check out a reseller at http://resellerratings.com before buying online. The camera-selling biz has been notorious for bait-and-switch scammers since the early days of mail order sales. In fact - the venerated B&H Photo, one of the prototype mail order places, was well-known for this practice too, back then. I have first-hand experience with those tactics from B&H back in the late 70's. Not any more, however...they are uttlerly scrupulous and reliable these days, as reflected at resellerratings.com.

These companies do business under several different names. There is a guy named Don Wiss that lives in New York. Over the last several years, he has been driving around Brooklyn taking pictures of NYC camera stores that advertise online. His photo website is here..... and below is a picture of shopdigitalonline.com's storefront. And here is the info on that building, which is at the address that shopdigitalonline.com noted on their website under "contact us" . Don was actually written up in the New York Times for this project. Because of Don Wiss, many of these scammers now don't list their physical address on those sites.

w0257.jpg

And for comparison, here is a picture of B&H Photo in Manhattan

0002.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.