Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
I'm trying to tether the D50 to Aperture but for some reason, it won't work. I have the camera connected via PTP and not Mass Storage, but Aperture won't allow me to select it from the 'Tether' submenu.

What am I doing wrong?

David

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I'm trying to tether the D50 to Aperture but for some reason, it won't work. I have the camera connected via PTP and not Mass Storage, but Aperture won't allow me to select it from the 'Tether' submenu.

What am I doing wrong?

David

I was about to try to also with my D50 and Aperure 2.0 One thing I did try was tethered shooting using Image Capture. The Leopard version of Image capture seems to work with my D50 just fine. It is very limited in that the only control is "take a picture" but it works. You might try that.

My camera is sitting on the same table as the computer. I just need to get the time to try it out. I'm optimistic that it will work because I'd bet Aperture and Image capture use the same underlaying feature in Leopard to control the camera.

Are you still on Tiger? If so that could explain it. Aperture does not pick up some of it's new features untill you run it on Leopard

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
I was about to try to also with my D50 and Aperure 2.0 One thing I did try was tethered shooting using Image Capture. The Leopard version of Image capture seems to work with my D50 just fine. It is very limited in that the only control is "take a picture" but it works. You might try that.

My camera is sitting on the same table as the computer. I just need to get the time to try it out. I'm optimistic that it will work because I'd bet Aperture and Image capture use the same underlaying feature in Leopard to control the camera.

Are you still on Tiger? If so that could explain it. Aperture does not pick up some of it's new features untill you run it on Leopard

Thanks for your reply.

Nope, I'm running Leopard 10.5.2.

Image Capture doesn't show it either. Although, strangely I managed to get it working in Aperture 2 but it seems to be intermittent.

I notice that the D50 isn't actually on Apple's official tethered shooting supported camera list.

David

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.