Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
I have a Nikon D5000, and I went to Best Buy on Black Friday, so I decided that I might want to purchase an extra battery for it. I asked one of the employees how much one was, and he said it would be around $60-$70, so I decided against it. (Now I realize that he might have been mistaken) But today I saw this battery grip here:

http://www.linkdelight.com/index.ph...mera-+-2-EN-EL9a-/Detailed-product-flyer.html

It's only $59.99 and comes with two batteries. The problem is that I'm not sure if I would really need the grip. It seems neat, but I don't know if I'd like the extra weight on it. But it does come with two batteries, so I might purchase it just for that. Does anyone have experience with these? Do you think the batteries might have a very week capacity, and I would just be better off purchasing the stand-alone battery?

macboat

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2009
a good dealer, products is in good quality and cheap

Hi, a friend of mine has bought a grip for Nikon D80 and batteries from this site months ago and was amazing to its products, as far as i know, this site sell good products, though their battery grip most of products is not Canon or Nikon made, but it is a good 3rd party replacement.

So i was encouraged to order one in this site but not buy the batteries, in my opinion, some 3rd party batteries also have a good performance, you can read the two reviews on this product on the page, positve comment so far. Also the price is very cheap.

It was a trusted site that specialize in photography accessories.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
Thank you for the response. I checked the site on Reseller Ratings, and the reviews are okay; it only has 5 reviews. I think it's an okay site, and I think I'm going to order it. I might use the grip from time to time, but I really just want the extra battery power. They also sell the grip without the batteries, but it's only $20 cheaper.

$60 for the two batteries seems like a good deal anyway, with the grip as a bonus.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Be extremely careful when looking at batteries, many sellers offer either knock-off or counterfeit batteries. The manufacturers of these batteries often get cells that do not pass the quality tests from the manufacturers for name-brand batteries and using them may void your warranty in some places.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.