Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bocheememon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Fertile, MN
I carry my camera in a case and treat it as most field photographers usually do.

For some odd reason, my built-in flash won't fire. It keeps clicking even though the first click pops the light up. After that, the camera still thinks that the flash hasn't popped up and continues to click when I press either the shoot button or the flash button.

Did my flash burn out? Or is there a mechanism that is stuck in the pop-up flash that I can easily dislodge?

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
Bocheememon said:
I carry my camera in a case and treat it as most field photographers usually do.

And how is that? Roughly? Gently?

Bocheememon said:
For some odd reason, my built-in flash won't fire. It keeps clicking even though the first click pops the light up. After that, the camera still thinks that the flash hasn't popped up and continues to click when I press either the shoot button or the flash button.

Did my flash burn out? Or is there a mechanism that is stuck in the pop-up flash that I can easily dislodge?

Did you try it in a dark situation? Can you see anything blocking the release mechanism?

Bocheememon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Fertile, MN
beavo451 said:
And how is that? Roughly? Gently?

Did you try it in a dark situation? Can you see anything blocking the release mechanism?

I take care of it gently in a camera bag. Fieldwork though...hehe, would be windy weather and crazy construction workers...and children. :p

I'll see if the release mechanism is blocked. I noticed a small black hole next to the area that latches the flash in place. I assume that may be the mechanism.

Bocheememon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Fertile, MN
Beavo451: I think you are right about the mechanism being jammed.

I just gotta figure out where exactly is it so that the camera can register that the flash is up and stop tripping the release trigger.

billy_d_goat

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2005
Hey post back if you figure out where it is. I've got a D70 too, and I'm a little curious. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.