Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iguess25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
My mbp wont read my 4gb compact flash sandisk ultra 11 4gb. I put it in a all-in-one card reader and leave it in my slr camera using usb, t still doesn't read whats the problem? I downloaded nikon transfer from nikon. It picks up the camera, but no pictures.. Im shooting in raw and jpg.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
My mbp wont read my 4gb compact flash sandisk ultra 11 4gb. I put it in a all-in-one card reader and leave it in my slr camera using usb, t still doesn't read whats the problem? I downloaded nikon transfer from nikon. It picks up the camera, but no pictures.. Im shooting in raw and jpg.

Does the D70s Support 4GB cards? I though the D70 only supported cards up to 2GB. If I'm correct on this then the camera is at best writing gibberish that only it can read back.

I assume your camera is set to "mass storage mode". Go into the menus on the camera and configure it to use "Pict Bridge". In this mode the camera does not present the card as a disk drive. Pict Bridge sends the images using a completely different protocol. Image Capture, iPhoto, Aperture and so on are happy to read from Pict Bridge devices.

iguess25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
chrisa how do you confg to picbrdge? something wrong w/ my camera? i see my images on my camera screen.

csista

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2007
Does the D70s Support 4GB cards? I though the D70 only supported cards up to 2GB. If I'm correct on this then the camera is at best writing gibberish that only it can read back.

I assume your camera is set to "mass storage mode". Go into the menus on the camera and configure it to use "Pict Bridge". In this mode the camera does not present the card as a disk drive. Pict Bridge sends the images using a completely different protocol. Image Capture, iPhoto, Aperture and so on are happy to read from Pict Bridge devices.

A 4GB card isn't the issue. I've used 4GB Extreme IV with no problems on my spare D70s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.