Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
TTL-BL is designed for when the background is brighter than subject, ie. outdoor settings. For indoor photos, especially in clubs where the lighting is unpredictable, do you think it'd be better to stick to TTL? This seems like a good comparison on how each method works, but I'm still somewhat confused. I'm thinking TTL is better in crazy lighting situation because it'll lend me a bit more predictability.

Anybody here have experience with this?

Thanks in advance. :)

DesmondD

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2009
TTL-BL is designed for when the background is brighter than subject, ie. outdoor settings. For indoor photos, especially in clubs where the lighting is unpredictable, do you think it'd be better to stick to TTL? This seems like a good comparison on how each method works, but I'm still somewhat confused. I'm thinking TTL is better in crazy lighting situation because it'll lend me a bit more predictability.

Anybody here have experience with this?

Thanks in advance. :)

The 'official ' site for TTL/BL is wrong because Nikon have changed the information the camera body sends to the flash .
I have done my own tests and cleared things up with my own blog on TTL/BL .
The background does not need to be bright and the subject does not need to be central :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.