Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
On Keh.com there is a rebate link under several of the Nikon lenses and camera bodies. It appears that it will be a triple rebate but the bodies will not be discounted just the lenses. The bodies will go towards getting more rebates on the lenses though. Check it out.

KEH.com

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
KEH.com is one of the best online stores in my opinion....supposedly their ratings for used equipment is much better then BHPHotovideo.com. What I'm trying to say is I have heard wonderful things about KEH.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
i dont want to disagree you, because i like rebates :)

but under their description, i already found a couple mistakes, that always makes me feel iffy about stores...

so i'll just wait and see if other members have dealt with the store

also, i couldn't seem to find where is its lens section?

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
Oh I can understand being skeptical. Their website took me a while to figure out. I usually don't try and navigate through the website and I just do a search for what it is I'm interested in. By the way, what mistakes have you found....I'm curious. I will try and find some reviews on KEH. Thanks.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
one mistake really stuck... nikon d80 has ISO from 100 to 1600, but their website 100 to 3200... there were others..

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
bearbo said:
so i'll just wait and see if other members have dealt with the store

also, i couldn't seem to find where is its lens section?

Don't worry KEH has been around for ages and is completely above board.
I'd rate then as a top teir resellers but they specialize in used equipment.
Their ratings are fair. But still don't buy less then "EX-".

You have to use the search feature to find what you want

jlcharles

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2006
Wenonah, NJ
ChrisA said:
Don't worry KEH has been around for ages and is completely above board.
I'd rate then as a top teir resellers but they specialize in used equipment.
Their ratings are fair. But still don't buy less then "EX-".

You have to use the search feature to find what you want

There is nothing wrong with their equipment graded at bargain. i bought my entire hasselblad kit in bargain from them. with the exception of the ground glass being scratched (doesn't affect the image in any way), there's nothing wrong with it.

I don't see how it's so hard to find what you're looking for in their store. Click on "CameraStore" at the top and then find what category your equipment is in. SLR lenses are under 35mm since they work on both and stuff like EF-S lenses under digital. It really isn't hard to find anything.

I've spent a couple thousand with them and have never had one problem. they have a 14 day return policy if you dont like the condition of an item. i would spend a little extra with them rather than hit ebay up.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Here is how it works

beavo451 said:
Edit: oops, misread it.

Anybody want to buy 3 400 f/2.8 lenses? :eek: At $100 off per lens too! :rolleyes:

No. It does not work that way. It's better. Say you want to buy the 80-200 f/2.8 lens and an SB800 strobe. If you do then you get the "buy two" rebates for each item. You don't have to buy two or three of the same item. This is not the first time they've had this kind of offer.

Also note that the rebate for the D80 and the other bodies is zero. But if you buy one of these bodies and just one lens you get the "buy two" rebate on the lens. (OK technically you get the buy two rebate for the body too but that's still zero.)

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
The triple rebates is pretty nice. Anyone looking to get a new setup with a body, lens, and flash can get a pretty nice discount.

I only wish they would give some type of discount on the bodies. Maybe 25, 50, 75. Just something to intice those on the fence. Canon came out with 600 off the 5D and Nikon comes out with nothing off any of their bodies.....I hope it doesn't hurt them.

Note the price drop on the D200 though!!! Most people starting to sell them for $200 cheaper than last week.

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
ChrisA said:
No. It does not work that way. It's better. Say you want to buy the 80-200 f/2.8 lens and an SB800 strobe. If you do then you get the "buy two" rebates for each item. You don't have to buy two or three of the same item. This is not the first time they've had this kind of offer.

Also note that the rebate for the D80 and the other bodies is zero. But if you buy one of these bodies and just one lens you get the "buy two" rebate on the lens. (OK technically you get the buy two rebate for the body too but that's still zero.)

Yeah and? You could still buy 3 400 f/2.8s (at $300 off each not $100 like I said).

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
bearbo said:
i dont want to disagree you, because i like rebates :)

but under their description, i already found a couple mistakes, that always makes me feel iffy about stores...

You're completely new and have don't really know enough about lenses and cameras to get that feeling, no? :eek:

The Nikon D80 goes to ISO 3200. There are even reviews of the D80's performance at ISO 3200. ;)

And I've only heard good things about KEH. I have no experience with them though, since I don't live in America. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.