Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pistol Pete

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
California
hey all i own a d50 and am using an older canon ae-1 program.

yes i know the camera is old. it just has some nice lenses that i would love to use on my nikon.

I have only read a couple of things about adapters so if you want please fill me in on your opinion.

thanks

-pete

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Pistol Pete said:
hey all i own a d50 and am using an older canon ae-1 program.

yes i know the camera is old. it just has some nice lenses that i would love to use on my nikon.

I have only read a couple of things about adapters so if you want please fill me in on your opinion.

I almost forget these adapters existed.
Good information here
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/nikcan.htm

Oh, looks like he is writing about going the other way. I've seen what you want but I think you
loos abilty to focus to infinity. Worth it in the one special case I rememebr where they put a Conon perspective control lens on a Nikon.

Possably NOT cost effective as you can now buy used Nikon MF lense for not much money. The no-meter problem is not so bad unless you are shooting action in light that changes. For static subject you can simply do a test exposure and look at the histogram display to nial the exposure.

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
i have looked extensively into adapter solutions. but mostly to adapt to Canon EOS.

as far as i know there arent any adapters to allow Canon FD lenses to mount on anything but canon FD bodies. :( sorry man.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.