Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JimmieQuik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
New York City
Help!

So,

On the phone, I cannot access iTunes. When I try to download an app and I get the "Sign-in to Download from the iTunes Store" and then I input my confirmed password, the system takes a second or two, and then simply presents the "Sign-in to Download from the iTunes Store" window again, with no additional message or alert. It won't let me in and this will repeat again and again. And...

On iPhone(6), when I go to the App Store, it displays the message "Cannot Connect to App Store" and below [Retry]." The "updates" icon on the bottom nav displays the ("5") in a little red orb and if I push that, I can see the updates page but only for a micro-second, before returning to the "Cannot Connect to App Store" window.

Why would this be happening to both interfaces?

Another clue.

This issue started a few weeks ago when I had an iPhone5s, and it started when all of a sudden, after I hit "Update All" on the updates page, the updating icons froze with each one saying "waiting" and ever since this time I have been unable to access iTunes on any device.

I need these functions for work and can't wait much longer. I bought the iPhone6 seemingly as the last resort and this did not fix the problem.

Dear hive mind: any Ideas?

Thank you!

Jimmie

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
General number:
1-800-275-2273

There used to be other numbers for Apple ID, iTunes, etc. but the way the page looks right now, there's a lot fewer numbers, and whilst they've got two for iPhone, some for business, education and a few other things, seems a lot has been put under the general phone number above, so yeah, just use that :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.