Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Baletin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
I've just updated my 4 gen iPad to iOS 9.3 - there is no NightShift option in Display in brightness and in the "drop-up" menu.

Any ideas about this issue?

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
I feel like it's a gimmicky feature anyway. Maybe it's different for others, but I don't find that looking at my devices, even immediately before going to sleep, interferes with my sleep in any way.

Baletin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
I feel like it's a gimmicky feature anyway. Maybe it's different for others, but I don't find that looking at my devices, even immediately before going to sleep, interferes with my sleep in any way.

he said "may help to someone" =) I just wanted to see this feature. I do not believe it makes any difference for any kind of activity.

TheGdog

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
North Carolina, USA
he said "may help to someone" =) I just wanted to see this feature. I do not believe it makes any difference for any kind of activity.

I've always really like f.lux. Not because it helps me sleep, but because it makes the screen comfortable in a dark room. The iPads and mac, burn your eye sockets out even on the lowest settings. IMO.

Reactions: stjohnswell

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
NightShift is 64bit only.
Lol, this so ridiculous. Glad I have a 64bit iPad though.

Not Apple's fault you haven't updated to a 64 bit iPad.

They could easily add this feature to a 32bit iPad, so it is their fault, this is just as pathetic as not being able to do Ad Blocker on a 32bit iOS device.

Sad that we are in a time where manufacturers dictate to us and worse that we have people prepared to defend their ridiculous actions.

ACG12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2015
They could easily add this feature to a 32bit iPad, so it is their fault, this is just as pathetic as not being able to do Ad Blocker on a 32bit iOS device.

Sad that we are in a time where manufacturers dictate to us and worse that we have people prepared to defend their ridiculous actions.

Or just be happy that Apple still supports a 3 1/2 year old tablet with dated specs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.