Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
Is time travel just no longer a feature of the Apple Watch? I'm not too torn up about it if that's the case, but it was useful to me sometimes. I liked being able to scroll ahead so my calendar complication (Fantastical) showed my next appointments for the day. I guess now it's probably faster to just tap the complication to open the app since it will be docked.

Sean

Zoisite

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
It is still a feature, but it is disabled by default. It can be reactivated from the Clock menu on the iPhone app. Same thing with the screenshot feature, which can be enabled from the General menu.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
It is still a feature, but it is disabled by default. It can be reactivated from the Clock menu on the iPhone app. Same thing with the screenshot feature, which can be enabled from the General menu.

Thanks! I found the screenshot feature earlier today under General, but I did not find time travel. It never occurred to me to look in the Clock app instead of under the General settings.

I guess it's good they made it an option now, because some people were annoyed when it would accidentally engage.

Sean

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
Interesting, I didn't realize that it was disabled.

Debating whether to turn it back on. I probably won't. It sure sounded neat last year when they announced the time travel feature, but I've barely used it in practice. With the Dock, I can now jump to my calendar or weather forecast quickly and see the whole day without spinning the wheel a whole bunch. Just makes more sense.

I bet Apple reviewed usage data and determined it was not being used much. Hence the default disable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.