Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D200

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
in general iOS 11 public beta 2 runs pretty well on my iPhone 6+. However, I tried to connect through my VPN an no response... I can’t even download a different VPN, from the Apple store. I hope this is temporary, since I read that Apple is not allowing as system wide add block, anymore.

Anybody with similar experience? Workarounds?

Thanks in advance

M

Reactions: dolphin2421

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
if its pptp it wont work. it still wont even work if u connect a pc through any ios device either, absolutely dumb? yes it is.. (someones probably going to quote me crying "security issue u nO0b!!11")

vpn itself in ios is fine, i connect to my l2tp without issue

Dave-Z

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
FWIW, I downloaded OpenVPN and am running it without issue on my iPad mini 2 running iOS 11 PB 2.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
in general iOS 11 public beta 2 runs pretty well on my iPhone 6+. However, I tried to connect through my VPN an no response... I can’t even download a different VPN, from the Apple store. I hope this is temporary, since I read that Apple is not allowing as system wide add block, anymore.

Thanks in advance

M
It's you, not the OS.

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada

Thanks in advance

M
You don't read MacRumors own news?

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/07/14/apple-ad-blocking-app-crackdown/

Steve28

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2011
I have the Private Internet Access VPN app and since installing ios11, it doesn't work. I can, however, use the OpenVPN app to connect to the PIA severs

Reactions: D200

tjleonard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
I have the Private Internet Access VPN app and since installing ios11, it doesn't work. I can, however, use the OpenVPN app to connect to the PIA severs

Lookup how to use the built in L2TP VPN from iOS and it works. PIA is awesome. Even better with the built in iOS client.

Reactions: jagooch

Steve28

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2011
Try reinstalling the app. PIA works fine for me on iOS 11 DB.

Just tried that but didn’t work. Just says “connecting...” for about a minute. Then nothing. Tried manually entering L2TP - no joy. Only thing that works is through OpenVPN app.

This is on an iPad Pro 10.5”

Any other ideas?

D200

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
Reactions: jagooch

Spagh

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2017
Hello there,

It's the same with me: After the upgrade, I wasn't able to use a VPN anymore.
It's terrible. I hope they fix it soon.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance

M

MrFeet

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2015
I am experiencing a similar problem. I cannot connect to my VPN (L2TP) anymore, but only when I'm on 4G. When I'm on WiFi (like in the office) then it does work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.