Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Android Central and Mr. Mobile have first looks at the Nokia 7.1. It’s a beautiful Android One phone available in the US and it’s very affordable at $350.

This phone offers a nice lower cost opportunity for IPhone users to try Android that’s basically stock Android and still get warranty coverage and LCD display (for those who have trouble with OLED). And the headphone jack is still there!

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
It's $200 according to Slickdeals.

https://slickdeals.net/coupons/amazon/
That’s the 6.1. I don’t know much about that model but it’s wonderful that such decent phones can be had for these prices. Especially when flagship prices are becoming painful. Unless you have flagships coming to the end of their warranties that you want to use for trade in discounts.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Yeah despite being a devout Pixel fan, I do like all of these cheap and cheerful options within the Android One camp.

I may be interested in giving one a shot down the road. Just a neat selection overall!

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Android Central and Mr. Mobile have first looks at the Nokia 7.1. It’s a beautiful Android One phone available in the US and it’s very affordable at $350.

This phone offers a nice lower cost opportunity for IPhone users to try Android that’s basically stock Android and still get warranty coverage and LCD display (for those who have trouble with OLED). And the headphone jack is still there!
Why is this an opportunity for iPhone users? This is actually a huge wake up call to Android users that paid an arm and a leg just to get stock Android on the Pixel. Android One offers the same software support as Pixel with less than half of the cost. The pricing of the Pixel turns out to be ridiculous after all.

Kudos to Nokia for making a great comeback. They are now my recommended brand for those allergic to Chinese brands.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Why is this an opportunity for iPhone users? This is actually a huge wake up call to Android users that paid an arm and a leg just to get stock Android on the Pixel. Android One offers the same software support as Pixel with less than half of the cost. The pricing of the Pixel turns out to be ridiculous after all.

Kudos to Nokia for making a great comeback. They are now my recommended brand for those allergic to Chinese brands.
It’s an opportunity for iPhone users who have wanted to try a very nice current year stock Android phone but didn’t want a low quality one or to pay the high prices asked for Pixels. Since this is overall an Apple oriented site there are likely more of these potential customers checking out this thread than disgruntled Android users.

ryankul

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2014
Michigan
I purchased a Nokia 3.1 recently. Android One device at a great $140 price tag at my local BestBuy. Great budget device. My wife liked it so much that I went back and got her one as well. No finger print reader or usb c but everything else has been perfect.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
That is one attractive phone.

I want Nokia to make a comeback, not only at the lower end of the market, but full fledged models too.

Didn't they have the best cameras years ago? (I want cameras capable of taking shots that can be blown up to A3 size & not lose quality...can Nokia lead the way here??)

Reactions: timeconsumer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.