Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

priamXus

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2018
Hello,

Last year (December) I’ve purchased a Base Station Watch Edition, worked wonders for 4 months. After that it failed, I opened a claim and got a replacement. Worked a month, it failed again. Got another replacement.

Today the 3rd one died.

It started blinking, shut off and it was extremely hot to the touch. Was charging an iPad and AirPods Max.

Since the first time I’ve tried different cables, outlets and devices.

Am I being totally unlucky or does this thing just die?

Support won’t refund me but instead they keep sending me. Awkward and annoying situation to say the least.

Thanks !

Last edited:

TDKUK

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2013
I’m on my third unit too. The first two just died and are completely unresponsive, the third one flashes the LEDs on the front and won’t charge anything.

It’s a shame as I love the form factor and convenience of the additional USB charging ports - I use the USB-C for my iPad Pro and the USB-A for my Oura ring charger.

I’m currently using the Apple MagSafe Due Charger as a temporary replacement, but I don’t like the form factor as much.

priamXus

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2018
I’m on my third unit too. The first two just died and are completely unresponsive, the third one flashes the LEDs on the front and won’t charge anything.

It’s a shame as I love the form factor and convenience of the additional USB charging ports - I use the USB-C for my iPad Pro and the USB-A for my Oura ring charger.

I’m currently using the Apple MagSafe Due Charger as a temporary replacement, but I don’t like the form factor as much.
It’s very sad. Loved mine but I gave up.
Yesterday I received the new Belkin Boost (Flat version) couldn’t be happier about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.