Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

webitorgal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Lately (as in the past week or so), my phone hasn't been working very well when I tap on apps or on the camera. I thought it was because my screen was dirty, but this isn't the case. I've cleaned it several times and while it works just after it's cleaned, it becomes non-reactive shortly after. It's getting a little annoying and I don't really want to get a new phone now as my contract expires this fall (when the 7/7Plus comes out). Has this happened to anyone else? My husband, who has the same phone, does NOT have this problem.

balzmcfearson

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2009
Brooklyn
Lately (as in the past week or so), my phone hasn't been working very well when I tap on apps or on the camera. I thought it was because my screen was dirty, but this isn't the case. I've cleaned it several times and while it works just after it's cleaned, it becomes non-reactive shortly after. It's getting a little annoying and I don't really want to get a new phone now as my contract expires this fall (when the 7/7Plus comes out). Has this happened to anyone else? My husband, who has the same phone, does NOT have this problem.

I have the same problem on one of mine. It is a 16 gig with very little available space and has a replacement screen so I have attributed the non responsiveness at times to one of those characteristics.

Darrensk8

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
I feel like I've been noticing this exact thing on my iPad I put it down to 9.2.1 ......not saying it is o_O

webitorgal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
No I can't say that I've experienced that. Just for grins, have you tried rebooting your phone?

It works after rebooting, but after a bit, sensor issues sometimes come up again. Maybe it's a 9.2.1 thing like another poster said. If it's indeed a screen issue, then the problem shouldn't come and go.

Qbnkelt

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2015
Mid-Atlantic
It works after rebooting, but after a bit, sensor issues sometimes come up again. Maybe it's a 9.2.1 thing like another poster said. If it's indeed a screen issue, then the problem shouldn't come and go.

Ah then have you contacted Apple Support? They might be able to assist.

theshoehorn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Same exact issue on my iPhone 6 Plus. I have to shut off the screen and turn it back on and then sometimes it works, other times I have to keep doing that. Then it'll work for days before having the same issue, i'm on 9.3 PB7 and it's persisted since before the betas.

I took it to the Apple store, and surprise, it worked just fine, but since i'm out of the standard warranty I'd have to pay to replace it. Figure I can suffer it out until the 7 releases... But it is insanely annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.