Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luis888

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2017
Not Happy, I have a iMac 27p SSD I7 mi-2009 fast, and NO MOJAVE UPGRADE, disgusting, is there a hack?

Authorize only Mac's after 2012, that is 6 years old, use not acceptable when you think that your machine costs 4000 dollars, even Microsoft does not do that

A Mac is not a Phone !

I can understand that some features cannot be available, but the FULL release not available without a good technical cause cannot be accepted without fight.

Is there an association there that could issue a class action to claim for Mojave support for our not so old Macs ?

I have a 2009 PC with the latest Windows 10, Is not Apple ashamed to issue a Mojave is forbidden to a perfectly fast and modern machine like the iMac mid-2009 ? Same for MacBook Pro ? same for MacBook Air ? Please Steve come and clean their minds.

We have to make the buzz on Social Networks and Mac information sites, If not the delay will be 5 years, then 3 years, then 1 year and we will have to go back to Windows PC.

Best Regards

Krayzkat

Suspended
Apr 22, 2011
On iOS 12 iBooks won’t sync with your macOS device if it isn’t on Mojave. Don’t know why

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Nov 7, 2017
I got rid of my late 2009 iMac a few months ago and I was surprised that High Sierra supported it...

Larsvonhier

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2016
Germany, Black Forest
Why don´t you look for dosdude1´s patch as featured in the thread "Mojave on unsupported machines"?
If you´re lucky and have a non-ATI graphics card in your iMac then there´s no reason why you could not install Mojave, may Apple approve or not ;-)

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
I completely understand why Apple doesn't want to support 9 year old hardware anymore. I believe you can be 100% productive with a previous macOS version too.
We're talking about a quad-core i7 with SSD and 8 GB RAM here, just because it's labeled as a "Late 2009" doesn't mean it isn't still capable.

Hardware should be supported if still capable, regardless of age, IMHO. It should have at least gotten the dark mode and iOS app ports in Mojave, as these are features that Mac users have been anticipating for years (dark mode and HomeKit support have been anticipated since 2014).

So I don't agree in the slightest with Apple's decision to drop support for 2010-2011 Macs, despite the fact my Mid 2012 rMBP and Mac Pro are still supported.
The technical reason is because only the 2012 GPUs support Metal, as they’re replacing OpenGL.
Mojave still has an OpenGL renderer, so it technically doesn't require Metal - hence it is still possible to run it with acceleration on some unsupported Macs. You and @luis888 should take a look at the macOS 10.14 Mojave on Unsupported Macs Thread.

Reactions: jbarley
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.