Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarksTechSpace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2021
North Carolina, USA
• Anyone else have the MacBook Air M1 and updated to Big Sur 11.3 today?
My auto, Dark Mode has stopped working. Tried many things to reset it; needs to be manually switched...

Also the WiFi speed has dropped by half.. weird 🤔 Down from 330Mbps to 150(ish) in the same location.

And, it's a BIT more sluggish than before. Not near as snappy...
I did have a problem when downloading the update, the first time I tried, it quit and said it was interrupted ; I re-tried and had no issues..

And AND... after the 11.3 install update a folder appears on my Desktop, Relocated Items with only one file in there: group.system_default I'm close to reseting / reinstalling the previous version.

MarksTechSpace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2021
North Carolina, USA
Weird.. but this morning before doing a fresh BigSur re-install, I shut down the MacBook and let it stay off for about 30 mins before powering back on, in place of simply 'restarting', • and now the 'Auto Dark Mode' started back working, the WiFi speeds are back to 300+Mbps down on WiFi 6 and it is back feeling very snappy and normal.

NO idea why after the 11.3 update, that it started acting "funny" and I still don't fully understand why it 'Relocated' a single file, BUT.. as long as we're back; I'll take it. lol 👌✅

MarksTechSpace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2021
North Carolina, USA
No problems here. I did a regular update as well as a clean install on my M1.

You should be able to delete the folder on the desktop.
Yep, I did that last night, but I just found it ODD as to why a single file was 'Relocated' after a simple update; not like going from Catalina to BigSur; but it "fixed itself" all the issues after a complete shutdown vs 'restart' ...somehow lol WEIRD.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

iHorseHead

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2021
I don't know if I have the same problems as you, but after updating my WiFi stopped working and I had to restart my Mac once again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.