Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

messedup.z

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2017
I have an iPhone5 and it died three days ago and I thought it was just the battery, but when i charged it, the apple logo is appearing however it doesn't go to the home screen. Even if I try restarting or plugging it to my laptop, my phone is still like that. It's been like this for three days. I don't know what to do.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
I have an iPhone5 and it died three days ago and I thought it was just the battery, but when i charged it, the apple logo is appearing however it doesn't go to the home screen. Even if I try restarting or plugging it to my laptop, my phone is still like that. It's been like this for three days. I don't know what to do.

Plug into iTunes and do a dfu restore. This will wipe the phone of its os and data then download a fres version of iOS and install it.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I don't know what to do.
Well…Apple made the iPhone 5.

Apple has retail stores you can take the phone to and you can also call them and have them send you a prepaid envelope to send the phone in.

Actually contacting Apple to diagnose a problem with an Apple product is a thought that never occured to you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.