Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterGrinch

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2015
I love using Notability on ios on ipad Pro for work but am a bit challenged by its functionality on a couple of levels.

For incoming files is there any way to use the app to merge them into one main document? I know you can do this one page at a time, but that can be a pain with large documents. For some reason I have also noticed with the last upgrade that the append to existing note function is also hit and miss. Sometimes I am given the option, and sometimes not. Can't replicate the problem consistently so no idea why I am only given the option sometimes.

For outgoing files the same functionality would be great. Would love the ability to take a 200 page note and parse it out into sections, again rather than just a page at a time. I largely use Notability for meeting packages - agenda, past minutes, followed by multiple attachments easily totalling 200 pages in some cases. If I need to email back certain sections with my annotations to colleagues it's really tricky to do.

Does anyoine know if Notability can do this? And if not, any suggestions on how to do this without having to flip between 2-3 apps?

Thanks!

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
No experience with notability, but you might want to consider using PDF expert. Think it can do the things you have in mind, such as joining and splitting PDF documents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.