Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thickofit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2016
Hi all,

I made some notes on my Macbook Pro using the Notes app, I then wiped the MBP with the intention of selling it. I thought that my notes would be backed up on iCloud like notes on my iPhone. I changed my mind and decided to keep the MBP. However, when I started it up again the notes weren't there.

Is there any way I can get these notes back?

Thanks for your help!

mrnorwegian

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2015
Oslo
It depends on if you had iCloud syncing enabled for notes prior to the wipe (under settings -> iCloud) and did not choose to only save them locally on the machine. Do the notes from your Mac appear on your iPhone? Or if you log into iCloud.com?

Last edited:

thickofit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2016
It depends on if you had iCloud syncing enabled for notes prior to the wipe (under settings -> iCloud) and did not choose to only save them locally on the machine. Do the notes from your Mac appear on your iPhone? Or if you log into iCloud.com?

Hi!

I can't remember if I had iCloud syncing enabled. I can't see the notes on my iPhone or when I log in to my iCloud account...

mrnorwegian

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2015
Oslo
The notes missing from the same iCloud account on iCloud.com and your iPhone indicates that they were not synced unfortunelately. Did you have time machine?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.