Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFan.

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2024
Hey all,

Just updated to macOS Sequoia and while I’m getting familiar with the big features like Windows snapping and iPhone mirroring, I’m curious if anyone has spotted any smaller Quality of Life improvements? Little tweaks or changes that aren’t super obvious but make a difference in your day-to-day?

Would love to hear about your experiences and what has stood out to you.

elptdbi3lYI

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2021
Preview.app image gesture zooming is not jerky anymore, last time it worked properly like this was in Catalina iirc.

godorowski

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2024
On my Mac Studio M1 Max I see lots of small fixes like no more bazilion of notifications when turning on and collumn view is so much better because collumns have auto width now.

I work with opened milion apps like Photoshop, Outlook, PdfExpert, ChatGPT etc and it surely works faster.

And one more thing - im using Apple Remote Desktop app to connect to my Macbook Air M2,
on Sonoma the mouse cursor was dissapearing from time to time and now... now it's perfect.

Love Sequoia, it's solid.

AppleFan.

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2024
On my Mac Studio M1 Max I see lots of small fixes like no more bazilion of notifications when turning on and collumn view is so much better because collumns have auto width now.

I work with opened milion apps like Photoshop, Outlook, PdfExpert, ChatGPT etc and it surely works faster.

And one more thing - im using Apple Remote Desktop app to connect to my Macbook Air M2,
on Sonoma the mouse cursor was dissapearing from time to time and now... now it's perfect.

Love Sequoia, it's solid.
I have also noticed that many apps open so much faster now!

Macbookey

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2023
iPhone mirroring, Reminders in Calendar, the Passwords app with menu bar access, seeing Susan Kare’s delightful work on my desktop and screensaver with the classic Mac option is making me smile, the new native calculator app, collapsible sections in Notes (a little buggy in syncing right now), iPhone notifications on my Mac (have a shortcut on my iPhone to announce 100% charge, and the Siri prompt came through my Mac speakers), iMessage send later (I work overnight for a living and this is so helpful for me), and performance is excellent on my end for a new release so far. Logic Pro and all my plugins for it are rock solid, which is top priority. I am very happy right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.