Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cask-UK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2022
iPhone 13 Pro
iOS 15.4.1

I seem to have a volume bug where the max volume for notifications is not used, despite setting it to max volume using the volume buttons on the left side of my phone.

For this scenario I am testing Gmail and WhatsApp by entering the settings area in each app and selecting the notification sound I would like and then comparing the volume of it directly against my phone settings volume area in Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Sounds and Vibration Settings > Text Tone > (Testing the default "Note" in this case).

When listening to the sound in both Gmail and WhatsApp, it is considerably louder than when I test it in my phone settings area and also when I actually receive an email and/or message. On a side note, my dial pad tones at max volume on the side buttons have gotten a lot quieter as well and I am pretty sure this bug is somehow connected to the notification bug I have. When I first got the phone, the dial pad tones were extremely loud, now they are not.

I have reset my settings and gone to the extent of a factory reset to no avail and I am completely out of ideas. This cannot be a hardware problem as the speaker works very well when testing the Gmail and WhatsApp tones in their apps' settings. YouTube and Music are very loud and don't seem to be affected.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Despuesvengo

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2022
It's s bug. Iphone 13 pro max. Impossible to make notifications sound louder. And it's a new iphone. Some apple customer service operators tell you it's a bug in whatever app except a bug in apples soft. Very funny guys.

If they don't fix it soon I'm selling this thing.
Very disappointed.

Cask-UK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2022
Yeah I’m surprised something like this has passed through QC unnoticed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.