Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geoffreybanks08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2023
My mom (13PM) has been complaining to me that her message notification haven't been showing up since updating. I've tried restarting her phone and changing her settings to be the most aggressive possible but it isn't working. Any advice? Is this a known issue?

macphoto861

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2021
I am having a problem with Messages notifications sometimes not working, but then would start working again even with no settings changes. Through some searching, I discovered that it's related to WiFi and/or the WiFi Calling feature. When I'm at home, connected to my WiFi network, Messages notifications do not come in (the messages themselves do, I'm just not alerted), but if I'm away from home (or if I just disconnect from my WiFi), the notifications will come in.

Brewc

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2014
SouthWestern Virginia
Anyone find a fix for this? I have same issue as 2nd post and will look at that today. Noticed since been home after work gotten a couple of text and not red notification on messages, don’t believe my watch buzzed either, but I was on FB or Twitter for a bit as well

jpdunn13

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2022
Is there a way to turn on Wi-Fi calling when you are on a specific Wi-Fi network?

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
Some ideas off of the top of my head...

• Reset network settings
  • Ensure that Messages is allowed for any focus modes she uses
  • Forget/Rejoin wifi
  • See if it's ALL wifi connections or just hers.
    • If it's just on her wifi connection, restart modem/router
  • If all else fails, backup and restore iOS on her phone
    • If that doesn't work, reach out to Apple and go up the tech support ladder to get it reported properly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.