Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
lexus said:
Back on topic, for some reason I was think about this earlier and actually the first camera's were made of wood so this is not too absurd.

Didn't the first cameras use bellows made of leather, too, and they were so heavy that they were mounted on a tripod? A lot of things used to be but we have really great materials now. (Of course, the thought that forests will be ravaged for camera materials isn't any more likely than the petroleum we use to create the plastics.)

lexus

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2006
Depends Greatly On The Weather
Didn't the first cameras use bellows made of leather, too, and they were so heavy that they were mounted on a tripod? A lot of things used to be but we have really great materials now. (Of course, the thought that forests will be ravaged for camera materials isn't any more likely than the petroleum we use to create the plastics.)
And cars used to have wooden chassis etc.. It is incredible to think how much things have changed now.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I was just thinking of this thread the other day when I saw a wooden pair of Audio Technica headphones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.