Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big_P

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2018
Quebec
Hi! I've had problems usimg my Apple Watch S2 for monitoring my runs for a few weeks. The app would take a ton of time to launch and crash at some random point during my race, which I at first blamed on the NRC App itself. However, I recently tried using the Activity app instead and the same thing happened (app crashed during my run). Since both apps work well for monitoring any other kind of activity including running inside on a treadmill, I'm starting to wonder if the GPS itself could be to blame? BTW I'm running with the watch alone, no iPhone.
Anyone ever experienced that?

mk313

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2012
Hi! I've had problems usimg my Apple Watch S2 for monitoring my runs for a few weeks. The app would take a ton of time to launch and crash at some random point during my race, which I at first blamed on the NRC App itself. However, I recently tried using the Activity app instead and the same thing happened (app crashed during my run). Since both apps work well for monitoring any other kind of activity including running inside on a treadmill, I'm starting to wonder if the GPS itself could be to blame? BTW I'm running with the watch alone, no iPhone.
Anyone ever experienced that?
Funny, I was going to post a similar thread just now. I also have a S2 7 I had trouble with the NRC app in the past. I switched to the Activity app & it's been working great for a long time (for the most part, I do seem to have an issue with the run actually pausing when I hit the two side buttons), but for the past few weeks, I'm losing about 1/4 -1/3 of my runs after I stop them. I get to the end of my run & hit the two side buttons to pause the run, then I swipe left & then Save the run, then it goes to the summary screen & I scroll down & hit done & then, the run looks like it saves, but then it just disappears. I still see the activity spike & the exercise minutes on my daily activity, but if I go to the Activities app, the entire run is missing. Not sure what's going on, but this absolutely started in the last few weeks. I wonder if the last watch os update caused some kind of issue. I am on watch os 4.3.1 FWIW.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.