Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the1sttransport

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
An image does not have to be obscene to be "NSFW," though for the sake of ease it's better safe than sorry. There are plenty of pictures that fit this topic's title that, well, maybe not outta be in the Picture of the Day thread but do fit in the realms of art.

War, Protest, Religion, Conflict. How are these topics presented? What do you, a photographer, aim to capture most? An action, a feeling, a direct result or supplemented symbolism?

First contribution:

4423020989_4aed23c6e1_o.jpg

macrumormonger

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Interesting topic!

There were so many of these, and what I found odd was that this in Spain and somehow both Chirac and Bush were part of these campaigns. In Barcelona during the EU elections last year...

3624882816_121752d5cb_b.jpg

This one is also EU election-related. A rally by the UPD in Valencia in the Plaza de Virgen. There weren't that many people.

3649161075_98512ac4c1_b.jpg

This sign made me laugh immediately. Completely random, but I made the political connection immediately. May be prophetic after November. Just add an 'i'.:D In Girona...

3623929021_ef23af08e0_b.jpg

I actually like to take pics like these to places I visit. It breaks the cathedral/museum-hopping monotony.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.