Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ruka.snow

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Scotland
Fantastic but a couple months too late, I already got a series 3 from Vitality and only need to do a 30min walk 5 times a week to pay for it. I have a iPad and iPhone running out on o2 soon though so when series 5 comes out I'll go o2 and give my fiancé the series 3 to 'encourage' his walking.
[doublepost=1560499875][/doublepost]
£15 a month! :eek:

I only get charge ~$4 monthly.

So your paying your watch off over 80+ months?

You can choose to pay more up front and less per month.

£730.00 upfront on the 44mm stainless steal results in £6.07 per month for data or you can pay them £20 upfront and then pay £25.50 a month for 3 years then £6.07 per month after that.

Last edited:

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Reactions: yui4

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
6035c1e25cb360be6db81dc6d2028798.jpg

@Shanghaichica one for you

https://9to5mac.com/2019/06/14/apple-watch-o2/

Reactions: Shanghaichica

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2010
UK
I’m made up over this, I can finally tell EE where to shove it!

Edit: I always buy my kit outright but hopefully I can just have a sim only w/Apple Watch data plan

I’m interested if anyone can get that to work with o2 over the next 24 hours. My watch is from apple direct so I signed up to the airtime plan in the watch app and it is still stuck on “activating” with a spinning circle. O2 support said it’s because my phone and watch are not from o2 which is rubbish. Both are unlocked and my phone SIM is with o2 and supports WiFi calling.

joeob

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
I’m interested if anyone can get that to work with o2 over the next 24 hours. My watch is from apple direct so I signed up to the airtime plan in the watch app and it is still stuck on “activating” with a spinning circle. O2 support said it’s because my phone and watch are not from o2 which is rubbish. Both are unlocked and my phone SIM is with o2 and supports WiFi calling.

I’ve managed it. Works fine. Did take about an hour to ‘activate’

Reactions: matrix07

dead_smed

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Milton Keynes
Could be the activation system is working rather hard while more folks than they expected setup for the first time?

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2015
So how much extra do you have to pay per month for the Apple Watch being cellular? I’ve got an iPhone X paying just under £40/month. I’ve got a S3 Watch. How much would I have to pay extra to have my S3 cellular please?

joeob

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
So how much extra do you have to pay per month for the Apple Watch being cellular? I’ve got an iPhone X paying just under £40/month. I’ve got a S3 Watch. How much would I have to pay extra to have my S3 cellular please?

Free for the first 6 months. And then £5 a month after that

Reactions: Shanghaichica

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I got mine to work. I had the spinning circle but I looked at the watch and it said it was connected to cellular data so I put my phone into flight mode and turned off WiFi on the watch to confirm the cellular was working. It is working. When I turned flight mode off and went back into the app it said connected. It took less than 5 minutes to activate.

I have an iPhone from O2 and an Apple Watch from Apple.
[doublepost=1560590785][/doublepost]If you have your own Apple Watch, I.e you are not buying it on contract from O2 it’s free for the first 6 months and then £5 a month afterwards.
[doublepost=1560591267][/doublepost]
I’m made up over this, I can finally tell EE where to shove it!

Edit: I always buy my kit outright but hopefully I can just have a sim only w/Apple Watch data plan
I went on the O2 chat this morning. They are a bunch of numpties. I told them I had an unlocked Apple Watch from Apple and an iPhone from o2 and wanted a data plan for the Apple Watch they told me I had to buy an Apple Watch on contract from O2 to be able to use the Apple Watch on O2 and then proceeded to try and get me to get an Apple Watch on contract. I complained and said that you can get a data only plan on other networks. The numpty said he would go and check this out for me and then came back and said I could get a data only plan for my watch.

I’ve got it set up now.

Last edited:

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I got mine to work. I had the spinning circle but I looked at the watch and it said it was connected to cellular data so I put my phone into flight mode and turned off WiFi on the watch to confirm the cellular was working. It is working. When I turned flight mode off and went back into the app it said connected. It took less than 5 minutes to activate.

I have an iPhone from O2 and an Apple Watch from Apple.
[doublepost=1560590785][/doublepost]If you have your own Apple Watch, I.e you are not buying it on contract from O2 it’s free for the first 6 months and then £5 a month afterwards.
[doublepost=1560591267][/doublepost]
I went on the O2 chat this morning. They are a bunch of numpties. I told them I had an unlocked Apple Watch from Apple and an iPhone from o2 and wanted a data plan for the Apple Watch they told me I had to buy an Apple Watch on contract from O2 to be able to use the Apple Watch on O2 and then proceeded to try and get me to get an Apple Watch on contract. I complained and said that you can get a data only plan on other networks. The numpty said he would go and check this out for me and then came back and said I could get a data only plan for my watch.

I’ve got it set up now.
That good you got it set up...I had it on mine but didn’t think was worth it as I always had my phone with me.

I may reconsider now I go to gym a lot more.

inkhorn

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2009
This is good news, it was rubbish when previously only two UK networks
(those able to remote provision eSIMs?) were available for the Apple Watch.

Now if ID Mobile (reseller/MVNO of the Three network), can get in on the game too I'll be even happier!

asfalloth

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2013
London
LOL O2 jokers, guess I'll need to stick to my EE esim and apple watch plan alongside my O2 business number in my iphone.

Attachments

• IMG_1680.jpg
    IMG_1680.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 534
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.