Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cajun67

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
I bought an iPad Air 7 years ago, and had Apple engrave it with my name and phone number. I want to sell it, but I'd like to remove or obscure the engraving.

Any solutions to this?

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
If engraved, tape around it and use a very light sandpaper to remove it. If it's ink. I have removed it from an AirPod case with nail polish remover but it will leave behind a blemish. It will be permanently gone though. Just my suggestions.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
How much does a 7 year old iPad Air sell for these days anyways? If it's that old then it has to be a gen 1...

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
How much does a 7 year old iPad Air sell for these days anyways? If it's that old then it has to be a gen 1...

My thoughts exactly... for the cost of the thing, I don’t think they’ll care. Or... they shouldn’t. Personally, I’d just give away something that old.

I engraved our first iPads that we got (iPad 3) from Apple. Of course, mine came defective out of the box so I got a replacement in store and ... lost my engraving. My wife used her iPad for much longer and we just gave it away to family (If I remember right).

I no longer engrave anymore because because of this reason - though I’d like to.

Reactions: TiggrToo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.