Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 22, 2003
I've been reasonably happy using Aperture. Aside from it's management tools, for many shots that only need minor tweaks it saves me from having to fire up Photoshop.

I've been having problems printing from within it however. When cropping to 5x7 and then printing to an Epson R2400 on 8x10 paper, the resulting images are always off center. It's almost as if Aperture is centering the uncropped image rather than the cropped image. It's centered correctly in the print preview, it's just that the output never seems to be centered.

In layout options, I choose 5x7.

I set the borders to zero (so the final print will be a 5x7 centered on 8x10 paper).

Again, the image is centered correctly on the preview, it's just the final print ISN'T centered correctly. I find this annoying for a "pro" app.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I missing something obvious?

While it's possible to export the images to Photoshop and print from there, I'd really like to just be able to print from within Aperture.

Thoughts/suggestions?

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 22, 2003
Sigh, I'm an idiot.

I just went through all the options in the print dialog and realized I was making a noobish mistake. I didn't notice that the source paper size was set to the standard US letter rather than 8x10.

Much embarrassment.

Feel free to ridicule me.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Mantat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2003
Montréal (Canada)
At least you realized it by yourself ;-)

You can also make sure that you have calibrated your printer. You have to do it almost every time you switch paper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.