Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
Now this might not be an iPad issue but I've only encountered it on my iPad Pro, so I thought I'd post it here.

When I create a word document or a PowerPoint on my iPad Pro I try to save it to my google drive as that is where I store everything. But whenever I do this the document or presentation turns out to be blank in google drive. It's there but the size is usually 0 bytes and often it won't open. Sometimes it will, but then it's blank.
This also happens if I open an older document, make alterations and save it back to google drive.

Now, I don't know if this is a Microsoft Office issue, a Google drive issue or an iPad issue. Have any of you guys encountered this problem? I haven't been able to find anything online about it.

If I email the document to myself and add it to Google Drive from there it just works. That's a very annoying workaround, though.

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
Am I really the only one who has this problem? Or should I post it somewhere else?

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I've just tried this and exactly the same thing happened to me so it definitely looks like a bug somewhere.

I tend to stick to the "native" storage for my apps (i.e. OneDrive or SharePoint for Office and Drive for Google Docs) and use CloudHQ to keep everything consolidated, but I understand that's not an option for everyone

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
I've just tried this and exactly the same thing happened to me so it definitely looks like a bug somewhere.

I tend to stick to the "native" storage for my apps (i.e. OneDrive or SharePoint for Office and Drive for Google Docs) and use CloudHQ to keep everything consolidated, but I understand that's not an option for everyone

Thanks for trying, Phil! It's nice to know that it's not just me. I completely understand your point on using the native app, and I've considered that, but isn't CloudHQ a little expensive?

I better report the bug.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Yeah, CloudHQ is a bit expensive but I use it to consolidate loads of different accounts so find it good value for my needs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.