Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taldo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
I know a lot of people have been waiting for this and nothing was posted on this subject on macrumors, but it's finally true.

The Office for Mac 2016 suite Beta Version 15.2 officially supports Hebrew and Arabic in all of the Office apps.

From a first and very small test drive, seems to work excellent.

If you don't see the update just mark the box next to sign up for the insider program.

Enjoy...

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I know a lot of people have been waiting for this and nothing was posted on this subject on macrumors, but it's finally true.

The Office for Mac 2016 suite Beta Version 15.2 officially supports Hebrew and Arabic in all of the Office apps.

From a first and very small test drive, seems to work excellent.

If you don't see the update just mark the box next to sign up for the insider program.

Enjoy...

I believe what you're saying is that the beta version 15.2 now supports right to left character entry (Hebrew and Arabic)?

taldo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Well, Microsoft Office for Mac 2016 did allow you to write in Hebrew or Arabic, but the writing direction was wrong (you could use a workaround that partially solved the issue...) if i understood you correctly.

The main issue for RTL languages was that the button of the right to left writing direction was absent in previous versions but it exists now!

This means that RTL languages are supported like they work in the Windows version. If you work in RTL, press the right to left writing direction button and you're good to go!

A small correction about the versions, the correct one is 15.20, not 15.2 (I know it's the same but i think that there was a 15.02 which was first referenced as 15.2...).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.