Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jesterengland

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Can't find the answer to this question anywhere. Just tried apple support and they didn't seem to know either. Or maybe didn't understand the question.

I work on ships for long periods of time without an Internet connection. Does anyone know how often you need to connect your iPhone to the Internet to keep using downloaded music? For example with Spotify you have to connect every month or it stops working.

Apple support just gave me the standard answer that it continues to work as long as your subscription is active. But how does your phone know your subscription is active if it's not connected to the net?

Or do they just assume that at some point you have to connect your phone to the Internet at which time it will check your subscription?

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Can't find the answer to this question anywhere. Just tried apple support and they didn't seem to know either. Or maybe didn't understand the question.

I work on ships for long periods of time without an Internet connection. Does anyone know how often you need to connect your iPhone to the Internet to keep using downloaded music? For example with Spotify you have to connect every month or it stops working.

Apple support just gave me the standard answer that it continues to work as long as your subscription is active. But how does your phone know your subscription is active if it's not connected to the net?

Or do they just assume that at some point you have to connect your phone to the Internet at which time it will check your subscription?

Don't quote me, but I remember someone saying is similar to Spotify. Monthly would seem appropriate as its a monthly service.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
How long is a "long period of time"?
2 weeks?
2 months?
2 years?

I agree. Monthly access should handle it. But, I really have no idea about that, just seems a reasonable time period when you might have a good reason to be off-line.

dennysanders

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2015
not many people go more than 30 days without internet so that's probably why there's not a whole lot of info on it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.