Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dafke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
so i just took some picture with my Canon 350D and the first three of a serie of 32 look like this! Does it have anything to do with the camera or is it the compact flash card (i always reformat it before use).

IMG_9809.jpg

IMG_9810.jpg

IMG_9811.jpg

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Dafke said:
so i just took some picture with my Canon 350D and the first three of a serie of 32 look like this! Does it have anything to do with the camera or is it the compact flash card (i always reformat it before use).

IMG_9809.jpg

IMG_9810.jpg

IMG_9811.jpg

Reformat the card, and double check that you have the most current firmware in the camera.

Next, are you connecting with an card reader, or directly to the camera?

Dafke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
iGary said:
Reformat the card, and double check that you have the most current firmware in the camera.

Next, are you connecting with an card reader, or directly to the camera?

Ok thanx, I'll check the firmware and reformat again.

Normally I directly connect the camera, this time for some reason I used a card reader, could this have affected the images?

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Dafke said:
Ok thanx, I'll check the firmware and reformat again.

Normally I directly connect the camera, this time for some reason I used a card reader, could this have affected the images?

Yep - though not likely. Try connecting to the camera and see if you get the same results. This would pinpoint the card reader if you get good images via this method.

Dafke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
iGary said:
Yep - though not likely. Try connecting to the camera and see if you get the same results. This would pinpoint the card reader if you get good images via this method.

Well, i put back in the cf card in the camera, and tried to view the pics on the camera. With the first image it says "Corrupt Data" and it shows a really small thumbnail, with the second and the third there are bright blue and green bars on the images - the same size as the grey area's. Odd, isn't it?

Dafke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
importing into iPhoto directly from cramera gives error message for the 3 images...

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Sounds like a corrupted memory card. You might try a program like Image Rescue to see if you can save the data before you reformat the card and do more test shots.

Dafke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
Chip NoVaMac said:
Sounds like a corrupted memory card. You might try a program like Image Rescue to see if you can save the data before you reformat the card and do more test shots.

luckily these were pictures of a building very close to my house so it is no problem to go and take 'm again, just hoping this won't happen again...

upgrading firmware right now (from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3).

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Chip NoVaMac said:

What he said. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.