Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
I guess I like to tinker more then actually use things or perhaps I'm interested in creating the perfect set up. :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm still having issues trying to create my ideal work space (maybe a massive work bench with a dozen PC's spread open and subjected to distro hopping and part swapping... Hey, they do it on YouTube o_O:p)

I got the latest Manjaro iso on a USB stick all ready to go for a fresh install and I've wondered even though I didn't want to do this before maybe it's the ideal solution for my wants and that's to leave the windows 10 m.2 drive and system set the way it is, take the SSD that contains mint on it, shove it in the system, boot the Manjaro live iso and wipe the mint install for Manjaro and see if the sucker will actually allow me to pick an OS.

I've read that it's better to use separate drives to dual boot since windows likes to change bootloader settings.

Anyone else dual booting? What is your setup like?

I'm really trying to get away from Microsoft but I don't think I totally can just yet. I'm basically keeping it around because of Adobe and seems it'll do adb better.

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013
I'm using dual boot. X1 Extreme, on one SSD I have Windows 10, on other SSD I'm using Pop_OS. And everything works like a charm. I really enjoy using Pop_OS, way more then I enjoy using Windows.

But the problem are the apps, I simply have to boot into windows because of that. If I had those apps on Linux side, I would wipe Windows 10 off my X1E completely.

Linux is great, you can really tailor it down to your needs.

Reactions: slitherjef
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.