Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
Ok here is the deal, I have 7 old 35mm lenses and several bodies.
4 Canon EF lenses and 3 Minolta one, including a 50mm prime.
I have no idea what to do with them but I would like to trade them in, I can see some prices for second hand lenses (some of the ones I have) and all in all these lenses should still be worth something. Preferably I would like to trade them in for a DSLR or a lens(es) for my dslr.
I have looked and here in Scandinavia I cant find many stores that do trade in. But in the UK there are. What to do next?

PS: I also have about 5 SLR camera bodies, including a Canon EOS 700, 1000, 3000 and a Minolta zoom 11 (1976) all in really good condition.

Any advice is really appreciated. I have also read you can use the old canon lenses on the DSLRs but the problem is, I don't have a Canon :D

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
uhm...

a minolta 50mm @f1.7
canon EF 70-210mm f3.5-4.5
canon EF 35-80mm f 4
just as a few examples. I have to actually look at the numbers closer when i get back to my parents house or ask my dad over the phone.

leighonigar

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2007
I would probably ebay them. I can't imagine it would be worth the hassle of trying to get them to a camera shop unless there was one locally. And even then I guess you'd get less for them.

I would also think that those low end EOS bodies are not worth much at all.
Have a look on ebay and see if you'd get the most with as body and a lens, as a big bundle, or each item individually. Then think about hassle.

Narcosynthesis

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2008
ebay seems to be a good bet for getting a fair value within a relatively decent timeframe.

Beyond ebay, have a look at your local papers and the classified ads which can give you a nice local sale without faffing about with postage, and also have a look in any local camera shops - see if they will take trade ins or sell n consignment for you - beware that a shop probably won't give you as much return as selling yourself though, as they obviously have to make some profit too...

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Please note that asking for this advice is reasonable under forum rules, but offering them for sale or exchange to forum members should be done in the Marketplace.

Any trading in this thread will bring it's demise rather sharply.

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
no worries

it was never intended for a sales threat, sorry if i gave the impression I actually was really looking for advice on what to do with them,

//FR

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.