Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starsh1psx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2016
Hi, long term reader first time poster.
I tried searching for my answers but I couldn't find anything (maybe it was the wording I used I don't know)
A few days ago I connected my iPhone 6 to wifi to download some music via Apple Music.... Once I left my location I decided to listen to music on my way home to find that the phone somehow was trying to download the songs I had on my previous iPhone (iPhone 4s iOS 9.1)
So, me trying to figure out how to get rid of these songs I went to settings > music > iCloud music library > off
Which deleted EVERYTHING form my music library. So I turned it back on, downloaded a lot of music with my cellular data. So this brings me to my question, when I connect to wifi this afternoon how do I stop the phone from downloading the music again WITHOUT removing the music that I have downloaded ? Is there an option to turn this off without deleting everything ? Or do I have to wait for the songs to appear in my music library & remove them manually ?
Thanks in advance :)

xoAnna

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2013
Planet Earth…
Hi, long term reader first time poster.
I tried searching for my answers but I couldn't find anything (maybe it was the wording I used I don't know)
A few days ago I connected my iPhone 6 to wifi to download some music via Apple Music.... Once I left my location I decided to listen to music on my way home to find that the phone somehow was trying to download the songs I had on my previous iPhone (iPhone 4s iOS 9.1)
So, me trying to figure out how to get rid of these songs I went to settings > music > iCloud music library > off
Which deleted EVERYTHING form my music library. So I turned it back on, downloaded a lot of music with my cellular data. So this brings me to my question, when I connect to wifi this afternoon how do I stop the phone from downloading the music again WITHOUT removing the music that I have downloaded ? Is there an option to turn this off without deleting everything ? Or do I have to wait for the songs to appear in my music library & remove them manually ?
Thanks in advance :)

Omg I have the same exact problem! I hope someone can advise a answer soon!

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
settings>itunes & App store. turn off the music switch under automatic downloads. You should see the cloud with arrow on all your music and can selectively download what you want from the songs you have purchased.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.