Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmondal96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2016
Is it possible to download and install the old snapchat app on older model apple devices to view the top 3 or top 5 best friends or whatever they had? I already have a jailbroken device on IOS 8.x and just wanted to know if this is possible. I also have an old ipod touch on a much older ios firmware and if I get the IPA for the older version snapchat would it work? If not why?

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
If you have or can find the old Snapchat IPA file you can load it into iTunes and sync it to your devices. If you are jailbroken, you can try to use App Admin to download an older version of Snapchat from the App Store.

jmondal96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2016
If you have or can find the old Snapchat IPA file you can load it into iTunes and sync it to your devices. If you are jailbroken, you can try to use App Admin to download an older version of Snapchat from the App Store.

Yes, but do you know if you could view someones top 3 best friends like they had in the old app? Like it will be fully functional?

ielessar

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
WJ
I tried downloading old versions of Snapchat as one of the posters above mentioned using App Admin.

I couldn't login.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.