Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i-sidd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
I bought the E-P1 a week before my Miami trip with friends. I asked a lot of questions here and you guys helped a lot. This is my first real camera and I really enjoyed it during my trip and I am very satisfied with the results. My friends had never heard or seen this camera but they were very curious and were having fun taking pics with it, some even plan on buying it.
I had an incident in the hotel, where I left behind the camera bag in the lobby, luckily the cam was with me, but two 4 gig memory cards (full) were in the camera bag. I realized it after we had reached lincoln street for dinner. So I called the front desk and someone went to the location I left it and found it, I was glad but when I went back after dinner to get it there was no memory card. They said they found the bag open without anything in it. We were all disappointed and asked to check the security tapes but they said the camera was not pointed in that direction and they could not do anything. We thought that it might be one of the hotel staff that took the SD cards. There was nothing we could do but asked them if they found it to call us as the next morning we were leaving.

So all of us come back and after landing we get a call from the front desk of the hotel that they found the cards and we asked them to mail them overnight and we got them the next day. We could not have afforded to loose these pics, for me they are memories not pics.

I know there is a lot that I need to learn, but that's ok because I was having fun with the camera. Composition is something I need to work on.

Straight out of camera jpegs, only cropping and resizing and one or two sepia tone applied and art filter used.

Sorry for the long post, but here is the link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sid369/sets/72157624077037471/

Please leave a feedback.... here or on flickr it would help me.

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
I'm glad you got your SD cards back. It reminds me of a story I read a few years ago about a woman who lost her camera while on vacation in Hawaii. Somehow some couple in Canada managed to get a hold of it. She contacted them and told them all she wanted was the memory card with all her photos on it. They said no, because they then wouldn't be able to take any pictures!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.