Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
Nike Hyper Grape loop or the Nike Black loop... cant decide... I do have a feeling that the Hyper Grape one is going to be one of the ones that sells for a TON in a few months.

Reactions: twanj

travis64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
NEW YORK
Nike Hyper Grape loop or the Nike Black loop... cant decide... I do have a feeling that the Hyper Grape one is going to be one of the ones that sells for a TON in a few months.
Yea it’s definitely limited and reflective i should buy a 2nd to keep as new to sell

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
England
I been waiting for black Nike reflective loop since they release that with Nike Apple Watch. Finally I can get band now.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO

The black loop was the one that has already been shipping with the Nike+ watch, so likely a fair number of them already out there. Maybe not going to be worth as much as a result?

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
The black loop was the one that has already been shipping with the Nike+ watch, so likely a fair number of them already out there. Maybe not going to be worth as much as a result?
I’m thinking Hyper Grape will be the one that sells for a lot. The black I think will hold its value decently, but like you said it’s been in the wild for a bit already.

Reactions: twanj and MJ22

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I’m thinking Hyper Grape will be the one that sells for a lot. The black I think will hold its value decently, but like you said it’s been in the wild for a bit already.

Black is a nice looking band, but is fairly common and probably will be a staple. I doubt it will be a season rotation, because nothing about black says "spring," so I am guessing it will here to stay.

CarlJ

Contributor
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
All girly colours
No such thing as girly colors or ... boyly colors, other than in your head. Wear what you want. If you're afraid that wearing something pastel would somehow degrade your masculinity, that's your problem, not a problem with the Watch bands.
hurry up and get them before they sell out
https:/www.apple.com/us_epp_805199/...
The link you posted is specifically for military and veterans, and, distressingly, seems to set a cookie that causes subsequent visits to Apple's store to try to redirect into the military/veterans-only section. Here's a cleaned-up version of the same link, that doesn't coerce one into the military/veterans section: 40mm Summit White Nike Sport Loop - Apple.

travis64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
NEW YORK
My 1st nike sport band i love it

Attachments

• 90B135EE-6170-4089-AF60-544D028DFFE5.jpeg
    90B135EE-6170-4089-AF60-544D028DFFE5.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,222
  • 9AA6967B-F028-46F6-962D-2E1CE7169A6D.jpeg
    9AA6967B-F028-46F6-962D-2E1CE7169A6D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 522
  • 4CDD95CA-45AC-4B87-9DA8-C19EC16F8678.jpeg
    4CDD95CA-45AC-4B87-9DA8-C19EC16F8678.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 518

Beachmusic18

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2018
St Petersburg
I have to see them in person to pick. Was in the Tampa Apple store last week and what they were calling Hybiscus, didn’t look like the online color at all (not that you could buy it anyway). Then this week the new colors come out. Drove back up, 28 miles/1/2 hr, only to find they aren’t in the store yet and they don’t expect them until next Friday at earliest. This may be the norm, but I’m new at this! I’d like to see hyper grape and Papaya. Not sure about sport loop...so far only have sport bands, and really not sure about Papaya color. My ipad makes it look like a creamsicle..!

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
I have to see them in person to pick. Was in the Tampa Apple store last week and what they were calling Hybiscus, didn’t look like the online color at all (not that you could buy it anyway). Then this week the new colors come out. Drove back up, 28 miles/1/2 hr, only to find they aren’t in the store yet and they don’t expect them until next Friday at earliest. This may be the norm, but I’m new at this! I’d like to see hyper grape and Papaya. Not sure about sport loop...so far only have sport bands, and really not sure about Papaya color. My ipad makes it look like a creamsicle..!

Don’t you have free 14-day returns?

Beachmusic18

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2018
St Petersburg
Just me maybe, but I really hate having to return things. The upside of that is that it cuts down on online shopping! I like to see/try on first, buy if it’s really great...or not.

Reactions: travis64

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016

Before you go, check the apple website and see if it's available today or thursday for pick up.

Reactions: Beachmusic18

CarlJ

Contributor
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Before you go, check the apple website and see if it's available today or thursday for pick up.
This. I'm 10 minutes away from two Apple stores, but if I'm looking for something that's just released, or known to be in limited supply, I'll look it up on the Apple website or in the Apple Store app, to see if it's listed as being available to pick up in-store today.

Did that today with the Black/Hyper Grape Nike Sport Band, and the app said it was available for pick-up today. Stopped by the store and they said, "oh, yeah, I think we'll have those out tomorrow"; when I pointed out that the app said I could order it for pickup today, they sent someone to get one from the back - they may have had to open a shipping box to get it, but it worked. Later this week, I'll stop by to see the other new colors, when they get everything out on display.

Reactions: Beachmusic18
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.