Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Taken from: http://www.wolaver.org/animals/series6.jpg

I did NOT take this photo. But, dammit, I had to share it.

If it took millions of thrown baseballs before someone finally hit a bird mid-flight, then this photo deserves a prize for capturing something thats gotta be one-in-a-million.

series6.jpg

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut? Wow. I'm not sure whether to applaude the photographer or be frightened by his reflexes and accuse him of being inhuman. Either way, that is true dedication to photography. Wow.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I really think this should be at least page 2 news, if not page 1.

It really is hard to tell the difference between number one and number two with birds.

charlieroberts

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2007
I dont want to be the lame guy that shouts photoshop at everything he sees just beacause i'm feeling negative.

At first I was amazed, but looking closely, the poo is extremely white, when bird poo on my car it doesn't look this white, it's greenish with nasty black dots. I've also seen brown bird poo, never this toothpaste white.

Also, the background seems odd, maybe this is a display bird in a museum ? It's not in the wild for sure.

I have my doubts, but I want it to be real cuz its freaking awesome, so please convince me !

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Great catch on this photo. I actually grabbed a similar shot as well

p891998906-3.jpg

if the image doesn't show up, here is the link. I saw this hawk on the side of the road and pulled off and slowly pulled up and shot through the passenger side window. All of a sudden I get the squirt!

http://photos.luxephoto.net/p788690538/e352ad2ba

awesome! now i know why there were 2 bird bombs on my truck - one with black stuff and the other just white.

both photographs are great. love the colour on the first bird. wow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.