Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you like it?

• Total voters

didier.ma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2014
I just bought this AirPods case from qipods.shop and it works like a charm. It's unlike any sleeve. It's a full replacement of the AirPods case. Tho, it doesn't pair and is for charging only... But it's great enough for everyday use. I have been using it about a day now and I almost forgot it's not the original case.

w1czfv4agf521.jpg

It didn't come with AirPods so you need to use your own. But it fits perfectly.

bd2ueq0fgf521.jpg

Not a big fan of the printing but it reminds me it can charge wirelessly.

a2a3h9jigf521.jpg

It charges via normal Lightning cable too

i72sonnlgf521.jpg

It just feels like the original AirPods case

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
Interesting, thanks for sharing. On the other hand i see no mfi certificates on the page and the design is a blatant ripoff of the original. Not sure that matters really, but just some thoughts.
Isn’t Apple even making one of these in the future?

dfs

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
California
Interesting, thanks for sharing. On the other hand i see no mfi certificates on the page and the design is a blatant ripoff of the original. Not sure that matters really, but just some thoughts.
Isn’t Apple even making one of these in the future?
Sure it's a "blatant rip-off." The original case has to nestle inside it. How else could they have engineered it??

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
Sure it's a "blatant rip-off." The original case has to nestle inside it. How else could they have engineered it??

But the OP claims it’s a full replacement, not an insert.

dfs

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
California
Yes (sigh), this was probably written by some clown at Amazon who didn't understand the nature of the product. Anyway, you're nitpicking. The basic facts are a.) it exists (unlike Apple's), b.) it's inexpensive (almost certainly unlike what Apple might ever produce). For most of us that's quite enough.

Rajani Isa

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2010
Rogue Valley, Oregon
But the OP claims it’s a full replacement, not an insert.
Looking on Amazon, there are both "full replacement" cases and ones that the original case slips inside. This looks like one of the slips for the original. In part because it has the proper moldings for the pieces, not oddly shaped/oriented ones like the full replacements (that only charge, not pair) all looked.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Looking on Amazon, there are both "full replacement" cases and ones that the original case slips inside. This looks like one of the slips for the original. In part because it has the proper moldings for the pieces, not oddly shaped/oriented ones like the full replacements (that only charge, not pair) all looked.
The photos don't make it look like it's a slip into which the original case is inserted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.