Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Ive taken quite a few flower photos on 35mm. I also got the PhotoCD with them so I wouldnt have to scan them myself....though I guess in some cases a better scan would be nice. though I think I am fine because...

I am going to do some heavy Photoshopping of the flowers...nothing crazy, just stuff that you wouldnt know was done unless I told you...background etc..

anyway...

the only way to get those printed on "photo" paper is to use the kiosks at the 1hr photo places in Walgreens etc. And they arent that cheap to get an 8x10.

what places online have people used to get their digital photos printed and shipped to themselves?

revjay

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2004
Beautiful Vancouver Island
Sdashiki said:
...what places online have people used to get their digital photos printed and shipped to themselves?
Do you use iPhoto or Aperture...if so, certainly the easiest method of ordering prints is in the toolbar at the bottom of the page.

I have had pictures printed at a few local places...the cost of the iPhoto/Aperture (order prints) function is about the same, and is WAY simpler!

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
no.

i was thinking more of a place online that accepts digital images and you can choose how you want them printed and they are shipped to you for a fee.

there has to be something that lets you send JPGs and have them come back on photo paper in the mail.

they are mostly photoshopped photos I took:

ifglows.jpg

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
shutterfly.com
snapfish.com
ritzpix.com

oh heck

i've used snapfish, and i find that they're pretty good. you have to lighten the photos up a bit, as they tend to print a bit dark (apple recommends this too for their photobooks, so i don't think it's exclusive to snapfish). on some of my recent 8x10s from snapfish, there was a tiny white border on one edge. not ideal. but not a huge deal.

backupdrummer

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Chi town
I have found Snapfish to be one of the best out there.

Regarding book printing I am trying out MyPublisher.com they have a plugin for iPhoto that lets you use the Apple book templates with thier service at comparable prices but unlike Apple they run deals like 50% and the like.

I will post about the quality once I get my book.

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
Ofoto

I have not tried Apple's... but I think they are connected with Ofoto.com which is owned by Kodak.

We have done photos, cards, and calandars with them and we were really happy - the prints one could not distinquish from a 35mm store and the calandar was incredibly well put together....

http://www.ofoto.com

backupdrummer said:
I have found Snapfish to be one of the best out there.

Regarding book printing I am trying out MyPublisher.com they have a plugin for iPhoto that lets you use the Apple book templates with thier service at comparable prices but unlike Apple they run deals like 50% and the like.

I will post about the quality once I get my book.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.