Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speusippo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2022
Hi!
I made a big mistake. I updated my iMac 21.5 Late 2013 (14.3) to Monterey 12.5 with Open core legacy patcher. Unfortunately I didn't get the latest copy of the patcher but an old one, so I was stuck in login screen as described in Open core website.

Trying to solve the issue I started in Safe mode and downloaded the latest version of the patch (that will disable the GPU acceleration, waiting for a new version that MAYBE can re-enable to GPU).

I launched the open-core-patcher and choose "post installation root patch", the "revert root patches" (in my mind this was necessary to remove the old wrong patch). Then restarted again in safe mode, relaunched open-core-patcher, "post installation root patch", and finally "start root patching".

But now Monterey doesn't load. I can't get to the login screen. I get the apple logo and the bar stop ca. at 33% a freeze.

I can run the imac only with Safe mode?

Any suggestion? How can apply the new patch?
Alternatively is there a way to downgrade to Monterey 12.4 without loosing data and applications? I don't have a time machine backup...

Thanks a lot guys!
Jacopo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.