Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingofGotham1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Hello, I installed Opera browser on my M1 Mac Mini, forgot about it and then noticed it again one day. However when I went to search for it in the "applications" folder I didn't see it (only showing up in my Dock) so I right clicked on it, went to options and selected "show in finder" and it took me to..."applications folder" but with only Opera in it. What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 2.42.59 PM.png

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
Hello, I installed Opera browser on my M1 Mac Mini, forgot about it and then noticed it again one day. However when I went to search for it in the "applications" folder I didn't see it (only showing up in my Dock) so I right clicked on it, went to options and selected "show in finder" and it took me to..."applications folder" but with only Opera in it. What am I missing?

View attachment 1939857
The Opera app was installed under your user folders, ~/Applications. It’s an alternative location for apps where admin permission is not required to accomplish the install.

Reactions: KingofGotham1

KingofGotham1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
The Opera app was installed under your user folders, ~/Applications. It’s an alternative location for apps where admin permission is not required to accomplish the install.
I just find it odd since I have never seen another application installed there. Thank you for the response!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.